CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, July 23, 2008

My Favourite quotes

I am such a lazy bum that i dont like reading thick books; even though I have deep interest in different philosophies. But,I do like reading different philosophers and their work in wikipedia.
Quotes always interests me, coz they are short and I can ponder over them lazily for hours. I am listing some of my favourite quotes. I hope you will ponder a bit too.

1) There's more to the truth than just the facts. ~Author Unknown.

2) The obscure we see eventually. The completely obvious, it seems, takes longer. ~Edward
Murrow.

3) A gun gives you the body, not the bird. ~Henry David Thoreau

4) By daily dying I have come to be. ~Theodore Roethke

5) You can't wake a person who is pretending to be asleep. ~Navajo Proverb

6) When you look into an abyss, the abyss also looks into you. ~Friedrich Nietzche

7) The opposite of a correct statement is a false statement. But the opposite of a profound
truth may well be another profound truth. ~Niels Bohr

8) It is better to know some of the questions than all of the answers. ~James Thurber

9) I am not a marxist ~ Karl Marx. (My favourite quote)

1 comments:

Myth said...

I love your favorite quotes and I like the way u think. U have a beautiful mind. I love reading....but have to admit, yeah! some books r boring beyond endurance! They have an amazing content n idea...but they r just too fat. ;)